Living in Canada? Here's all you need to know about Online Gambling
Are you new to online gambling? Would you just like to learn more? We have pieced together this informative article, just for you! Online gambling can be a very rewarding and enjoyable experience for you when you understand the basics. Read on, we promise to help you :
- Know more about online gambling
- Learn about its advantages
- Get a grasp of the types of games you can play online
- Understand the legal issues around online gambling specifically in Canada
- Be advised on how safe online gambling is
- Recommend some top online gambling websites for you
- Give you some tips for online gambling
- Answer some of the frequently asked questions around online gambling
Gambling laws in Canada per Province
- Legal Gambling in Ontario
- Is Gambling in Quebec Legal?
- Alberta Gambling Legal status and regulation
- Legal Gambling in British Columbia
Top 10 Best online Gambling Websites
Definitions of gambling
First things first, let's get the definitions right. Gambling or betting is placing money or something valuable on an event whose outcome is uncertain with the expectation of winning more money or some precious goods. Gambling works on the basis of three elements; consideration, risk and a prize. When conducted online, it then becomes Online Gambling. We trust you are familiar with the betting that happens in casinos or sports over the internet. Yes, this what online gambling is all about. To start online gambling we have found the top 10 best Casinos for you to start. They all are super friendly for new comers and give a free bonus to start with extra cash!
How we picked the Top 10 Online Gambling Websites
When ranking the best online gambling websites, we used the following criteria:
⭐ Value for money: We checked the user interface or the pay tables for the odds and payout percentages. We also looked at some of the advantages that increase winning chances, or the amount of money one can win.
⭐ Online reviews: The online gambling community is huge. We used the available reviews to find out what others had to say about the sites we favored. We judged and ranked the credibility of the sites from the experiences shared.
⭐ Withdrawal terms: We carefully checked the deposit and withdrawal options and how suitable they were for the needs of Canadians.
⭐ Availability of a customer support system: This offers some form of comfort just knowing there's someone available to answer your questions and attend to your concerns.
⭐ Attractive bonuses and promotions: We considered this to rank sites that offer the best competitive advantage from the rest and are therefore more beneficial to the player.
What are the advantages of Gambling Online?
For some people, playing in your local casino will sound ideal. For others, gambling online is a favorable choice. We wish to highlight some of the unique advantages gambling online has for you:
- The convenience: With online gambling, you can do it anywhere. At the comfort of your home, on that lazy afternoon, on your mobile device, while travelling. It is a simple, quick and friendly experience for you. All you need is an internet connection!
- The variety: Online gambling comes with diverse options for you to choose from. You can easily access online casino sites and have over 100 games at your display. All you need to do is make a choice. As compared to a brick-and-mortar casino, the options are exciting.
- Flexibility: With gambling online, you can do it any time of the day. You could choose to gamble in the morning, afternoon or at night. You can gamble on weekdays or during weekends. It all depends on you and your schedule. Online gambling is also flexible enough to allow you to choose your own stakes. You can start with the little money you have and increase your stakes as you get better at the game.
- Free games and bonuses: Many casino sites offer you the chance to play some games for fun or learning without having to put in any money. In some cases, you will be offered a match bonus when you sign up or access programs that allow you to accumulate points for bonuses and prizes in future. Sounds cool, right?
There are a lot of reasons for you to choose to gamble online other than in your local casino. The money savings, comfort, variety of free or paid games and the learning opportunity are quite inviting. Try it!
Some of the Types of Games you can play Online
There are several options when it comes to games you can play online. They include the following:
We trust you have once seen slot machines in real life at casinos, malls or across the streets. They are very basic games that give you a chance to bet on the outcome of a ‘spin'. Online slots machines are an improved version of this. They allow you to play these games online with more than three reels. They also feature some special additions such as wilds and scatters. Wilds are like a joker in a pack of cards, scatters unlock bonus features in the game. A great advantage with online slots is the allowance to play games within your gaming level. Some examples of online slots are, Jammin Jars 2 and the Book of Dead.
These are games of chance that are played against the casino. They are operated by one or more dealers that assist in conducting the gambling table. Their distinguishing factor is playing against the casino and not other players. They are considered a form of legal gambling. Some electronic table games examples are, roulette, blackjack, and craps.
Bingo / Keno Games
Bingo and Keno are popular online gambling games that work around picking winning numbers. The Bingo and Keno games have the following things in common, they are both rooted in numbers and a lottery-type prize winning. Bingo is one of the oldest number-based game in the world. The main distinction between the two is that, in bingo you are not able to choose the numbers ahead of time. This makes it simpler and more popular worldwide, both offline and online. Read more about Bingo and Keno games here.
Video Poker Games
Poker games are played on a deck of 52 cards. They are online gambling games based on luck and skill at the same time. Players make bets against each other depending on the value of their poker card. Video poker is a very popular online betting game. Hitting a Royal Flush let's you win C$20,000 instantly. In both online ans land based casinos Videopoker games are played a lot because of the high RTP. At online casinos this Return To Player percentage is even higher.
This refers to the act of predicting sports results and placing a wager on the outcome. It mostly happens with association football, American football, basketball, baseball, hockey and boxing. It happens legally through online sportsbooks or illegally through private entities. A nice legal online casino where you can place your bets in sports is 20Bet.
Canada and Online Gambling
Laws governing online gambling in Canada are a bit uncertain. The federal Criminal Code is the rule of law that governs gambling in Canada. Sections 201 through to Section 206 makes all types of gambling, betting and lotteries illegal all through Canada with very limited exceptions. This Criminal Code deals with a wide array of illegal gambling offenses. Section 201 includes many offenses but the most common is keeping a common gaming or betting house, Section 202 deals with illegal betting, bookmaking and pool selling, Section 206 deals with offenses related to lotteries and other chance games while section 209 deals with cheating at games of chance with defrauding intentions. As a general rule, a form of gambling is illegal in Canada if it is not licensed or managed by the government either on federal or provincial level.
However, with helpful sites around, Canadians can safely gamble online. There are legal casinos with no risks of unsafe websites or disappointing games. When you are looking for a great legal place to play always find out if the casino has a reputation for fair payouts and reliable operations. It is also important to confirm that the site is licensed and registered with proper authorities permitted in Canada.
Some legal online casinos in Canada include the following:
How Safe is Gambling Online?
It comes as a surprise that gambling online is quite safe. Yes, there a few risky sites but all you need to learn is how to avoid them. Safety is a huge concern when you think about depositing money on an online site. It is therefore important for you to carefully choose the right site. Carefully evaluate everything they claim to offer first before deciding. You can also do a quick online search to just find out the credibility of the site from online reviews and recommendations. You can find our online casino reviews here.
Read more about legal online casinos and the online gambling licences that are important for choosing a safe and legit online casino.
Tips for Online Gambling
Here are some helpful tips for you as you venture into online gambling:
- Learn the different casino strategies and tips: slot strategies, blackjack strategies, roulette strategies, videopoker tips
- To avoid costly mistakes, understand the rules of the game before playing.
- Make sure the site you are using has a track record of paying their customers. Find the fastest payout casinos here.
- Don't chase your losses, your might end up losing more.
- Quit while you are ahead of the game, this way you can always leave the game with some money in your pocket!
- For safety, play in licensed and regulated casinos only.
- Play for free until you understand the game or grasp the right strategy
- Lastly, don't just read site reviews, know the software companies. Keep learning.
FAQ about Online Gambling
You might have some questions about online gambling. Let's answer the frequently asked ones:
This is dependent on local laws. The most common age is 18 and in some parts of the world 21. In Canada, you have to be 19 years old to play in most cities.
It is important to first think of the type of online gambling you are interested in then choose a site that meets your needs. Look here for the best Canadian online casinos
Yes, legal Canadian online Casinos do exist. You can gamble online legally if you live in Canada.
With this detailed article, we fully trust you have captured the nitty gritty details of online gambling, learnt the legal issues around online gambling in Canada, gotten some tips and answers to the questions you had around this. We are totally convinced you will give online gambling a try and wish you the very best of luck. Start winning, you are in for a very rewarding and fun experience!